Midwestern Musings

In a tribute to those musicians and storytellers, both current and nearly forgotten, I’ll provide a folk music lyric to begin my musings.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Squashed! Another One Bites the Dust!

Another one bites the dust,
And another one gone, and another one gone,
Another one bites the dust,
Hey, I'm going to get you, too,
Another one bites the dust. *


All the squash are gone. And the cucumbers. All felt victim to the dreaded squash bug. They came in numbers and with a vengence. I chose to spray the pumpkins, because I didn't want to lose any, and we don't eat them. I hesitated to use pesticides on the veggies we eat. I was wrong. I lost 8 squash plants and 4 cucumbers within a week. I haven't lost one pumpkin plant yet. *sigh* I wonder if the pioneers would have used chemicals if they would have had them?
At least I don't have to eat Zucchini any more....




*Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home