Midwestern Musings

In a tribute to those musicians and storytellers, both current and nearly forgotten, I’ll provide a folk music lyric to begin my musings.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Times They Are a Changin'

"For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'." *

Yup, the times are changin' and the bus is leavin' and I'm on it. Ohio didn't so much work out for me. Part of me enjoyed the last few weeks, with nothing to do, and plenty of time to do it. A pity, all the things I didn't get done. I have, however, found myself. I didn't actually know I was lost, but when you're surrounded by negativity, you either shroud yourself in a peril protective shield, or you become part of it. (The Blob, anyone?) I'm glad to say that I survived. A little more bitter, and a whole lot less trusting, but smarter in the long run. (Someday soon I will write about the experience of being unemployed. Psychologically interesting? We'll see.)


We're packing up (yuck) and heading west. Just like in the Oldey Timey Times. Thankfully, we'll have a moving van and not a Conestoga. To those few who have kept in contact, I will miss you. To those who forgot about me the moment I walked out the door, I will haunt you. To my peeps back in the Hoosier State, look out for the truck, we're coming home.



* Please look it up and commit it to memory if you don't know who popularized this song.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad to be losing you to Indiana. Stupid Indiana!

At the same time, you deserve this great "new Columbus" opportunity. Maybe your fate just got confused and sent you to the wrong Columbus the first time around.

Can't wait for Aladdin's. :)

Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home